Friday, November 13, 2009

...I am a branch...

So, today I worked in the yard. I totally avoided working in my house by going outside and mowing, edging, and weedeating the front and side yard. As if that wasn't enough, I decided to work a little in the flower bed too.

We're renting this house, and the owners, our wonderful landlords, well...aren't the most prudent when it comes to upkeep and care of the home and yard. SO, we've decided since we're going to live here, for an unknown period of time, we'll make the best of it, and take care of it as if it were our own.


Our landlord planted several, different colors of mums while they lived here. I don't know when they were planted, but some of them came out SO beautifully this Fall. However, she hadn't pruned them (ever) that I know of. There was new growth coming out from the roots, at the ground, so I got out my pruners and becan to cut away the wilted, faded, and dead parts of the branches. There was a LOT "trash" when I was done (there are LOTS of mum plants in there ). I filled a big, black trash bag, and put it with the other trash to go "out" on Monday. It's humorous to me now, but I actually felt proud, like I had really accomplished something great! LOL!

Here's the neat part...(to me, anyway)

God was SO teaching me a lesson while I was working. The Holy Spirit gently reminded of Jesus' words in the book of John, the 15th chapter, and I humbly thanked God for it!


1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned...
8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

How much more proud must our heavenly Father be when, after He has carefully pruned us, we bear "much fruit!"
This is one of the mums that is "bearing much fruit." Isn't it lovely?
My prayer for you, and me, today, is that God continues to teach me druing those teachable moments, and that He continues to prune me, reminding me gently, that I'm no the trash, but a branch that needs to bear much fruit...

1 comment:

  1. I see you were able to get your 3rd column...LUCKY DUCK!!! God is pruning me everyday as well...LOVE HOW YOU WORDED THAT!!!! LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL BLOG!!!!

    ReplyDelete